A massive student protest across America underscored the desire on their part to reconsider the nation’s gun laws.Read More
The band program at a junior high in Norridge, IL, will be cut next year due to district finance troubles & 2 failed referendums.
Educators recommend building strong learning environments through excellent professional development & strong curricular materials.
Another school shooting has occurred, this time in Florida, in the nation’s 7th-largest school district: Broward Co. Public Schools.
- 1st Valentine’s Day after #MeToo
- Defining ‘transgender’ under law is still muddy
- Trump wants major cuts to federal education funding
- Freshman girl says she was used for sex
- Lake Zurich offers a self-defense class
- IHSA doesn’t have to accommodate certain runners
- A pajama party confronts bullying in Oak Lawn
- Md. moves to keep young kids safe from football
- In the great outdoors, students learn science better
- ‘Wow’ comes up short for an 11-school dance concert
- Dunlap packs the place for classroom supplies
- Companies often fire workers for social media posts
- Dim light can make animals dumb
- The brain knows what music you’re listening to
- Is coal clean? The president says it is.
- Top cheerleading teams in IL, 2017-18
- Are music’s biggest awards stuck in the past?
- Dow Jones down after a bad week
- Pulsera Project leads CTE Month at Alton
- More counselors, student voice sought in Montgomery
- The NFL season comes down to this
- Trump delivers 1st State of the Union, a long one