A man with a military-style assault rifle put 2 Houston-area schools on lockdown Monday, but the standoff ended peacefully.Read More
Being “addicted” to a smartphone or the internet can be linked to a chemical imbalance in the brain, new research suggests.
Wild fires are raging around Los Angeles, causing school officials to close several schools & offer advice about staying safe.
Charter schools are common in Chicago. The city wants to put another one inside an existing h.s. that has had its budget cut.
- Noticeable yaw during a windy O’Hare landing
- IL students now have to study cursive writing
- Santa comes to Baltimore in the mayor’s parade
- Mattoon honors a teacher & school shooting hero
- Lawsuit filed in Palatine transgender case
- Chicago considers closing 4 Englewood high schools
- St. Paul’s teacher arrested for sex at former school
- Kids from poorer families may know fewer words
- Abuse victims more likely to drop out of school
- Dulaney catches a star on the musical stage
- Dyslexia may affect writing as well as reading
- Musical calendar for December in IL, Md.
- #GradTaxWalkout planned for noon today
- Amid hate incident uptick, U.Md. hires coordinator
- 76 trombones possible in U-46 unified marching band
- Calif. districts sue feds over DACA changes
- IL football title games put nerves on edge
- IL state football champs to be crowned this weekend
- A few Thanksgiving observations
- High school students need to study the fine arts
- Best to listen to autistic kids in mainstream classes
- Md. county hits the opioid crisis head-on