The IL gov. vetoed an unfunded mandate that would have required 5th graders to be taught at least 1 unit on cursive writing.Read More
The longest-running marching band festival in the Chicago area will put on its 50th annual show this Saturday in Wheeling.
Racism, police brutality, verdicts that don’t make sense—these all affect our schools and the students and teachers in them.
Want to buy a cheap car? Recent hurricanes have brought many cars to market, and they could be sold hundreds of miles away.
- Hurricane Maria knocks out all power in Puerto Rico
- Obituary: Gustavo López, Mexican earthquake victim
- Fla. schools may need to make up hurricane days
- Doctors say schools need epinephrine, trained staff
- Kids praised for being smart more likely to cheat
- Police shoot knife-wielding Ga. Tech student
- Caribbean braces for Hurricane Maria, now a Cat. 5
- Chemistry can fix a statue honoring Francis Scott Key
- Evolution, Darwin are not to be taught in Turkey
- Football coach can’t pray publicly after games
- Will the US pull out of Paris?
- Hogan won’t sign ESSA plan for Maryland
- DeVos wants US to rethink schools’ mundane malaise
- Texas students put 9/11 in a hurricane context
- Can DeVos and privatization be stopped?
- Purple & black are in your genes. What else is?
- IL school funding resolution not all peaceful
- Trump’s DACA ax makes life rough for students
- Students’ pic goes viral from Trump rally
- Selinsgrove confronts a drug abuse problem
- Boys or girls, we get good at what we practice
- Post-Katrina lessons for student hurricane victims