INDIANAPOLIS (Nov. 14, 2009)—The following high school marching bands, shown with the city in which the school is located, if it is different from the school name, were selected to perform in the semi-finals at the Bands of America Grand National Championships at Lucas Oil Stadium Saturday.
Selection for performance in the semi-finals is based on class (roughly equivalent to size) of the band and the band’s scores in the preliminary competition, which was held here Thursday and Friday. In all, 34 bands performed in the semi-finals.
- American Fork H.S., Utah
- Avon H.S., Ind.
- Bellbrook H.S., Ohio
- Ben Davis H.S., Indianapolis, Ind.
- Bourbon County H.S., Paris, Ky.
- Broken Arrow H.S., Okla.
- Carmel H.S., Ind.
- Center Grove H.S., Greenwood, Ind.
- Centerville H.S., Ohio
- Columbus North H.S., Columbus, Ind.
- Forsyth Central H.S., Cumming, Ga.
- James Bowie H.S., Austin, Texas
- L.D. Bell H.S., Hurst, Texas
- Lafayette H.S., Lexington, Ky.
- Lake Central H.S., St. John, Ind.
- Lake Park H.S., Roselle, Ill.
- Lawrence Central H.S., Indianapolis, Ind.
- Marcus H.S., Flower Mound, Texas
- Marian Catholic H.S., Chicago Heights, Ill.
- North Hardin H.S., Radcliff, Ky.
- Owasso H.S., Okla.
- Plymouth Canton Educational Park, Canton, Mich.
- Reeths-Puffer H.S., Muskegon, Mich.
- St. James School, Montgomery, Ala.
- Seminole H.S., Fla.
- South Brunswick H.S., Monmouth Junction, N.J.
- Springs Valley H.S., French Lick, Ind.
- The Woodlands H.S., Texas
- Walled Lake Central H.S., Walled Lake, Mich.
- Wando H.S., Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
- West Bloomfield H.S., Mich.
- West Johnston H.S., Benson, N.C.
- William Mason H.S., Mason, Ohio
- Williamstown H.S., Ky.
As the winner of the Indianapolis Public School competition, which preceded the Bands of America Grand National Championships here earlier this week, Broad Ripple Magnet H.S., from Indianapolis, Ind., marched in exhibition during the semi-finals Saturday.
Best music, visuals, and general effect: Bourbon County, Paris, Ky.
3rd place in class: Springs Valley, French Lick, Ind.
2nd place in class: Williamstown, Ky.
Class 1A champion: Bourbon County, Paris, Ky.
Best music, visuals, and general effect: Marian Catholic, Chicago Heights, Ill.
3rd place in class: Bellbrook, Ohio
2nd place in class: North Hardin, Radcliff, Ky.
Class 2A champion: Marian Catholic, Chicago Heights, Ill.
Best music, visuals, and general effect: Center Grove, Greenwood, Ind.
3rd place in class: West Johnston, Benson, N.C.
2nd place in class: Lafayette, Lexington, Ky.
Class 3A champion: Center Grove, Greenwood, Ind.
Best music: Marcus, Flower Mound, Texas
Best visuals and general effect: Avon, Ind.
3rd place in class: Marcus, Flower Mound, Texas
2nd place in class: L.D. Bell, Hurst, Texas
Class 4A champion: Avon, Ind.