Al Jazeera reports:
At the end of a week in which the United Nations has marked International Youth Day, Al Jazeera talks to young people from around the world.
We listen to the stories as told by a 16-year-old boy in Lebanon, a 13-year-old boy in the US, a 16-year-old Eritrean born in Sweden, a 13-year-old Palestinian-American and a 14-year-old girl in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
We hear what they think about their lives today, and where they believe they and their countries are heading in the future, as part of Al Jazeera’s series on The Next Generation.
Student voices include:
- Marwan Rustom, 16, Beirut, Lebanon
- Mujahid Abdul-Ali, 13, Falls Church, Va.
- Heba Abu Alrob, 14, Nablus, Occupied West Bank
- Hedaya Othman, 13, Atlanta, Ga.
- Mohammed Karrani, 16, Stockholm, Sweden